2017 Middle School Audition
The 2017 auditions for the middle school musical will take place at the senior high school on June 5, 7 ,and 8. Call-back auditions are scheduled for August 29 @ NASH.
Sign-ups are currently available at the botton of this page.
There are three parts to the audition. You will sign up for an audition time. This will be the time that you sing. Singing will be one student at a time. In groups of five, students will act lines from the provided script exerpts. This process will take place between 5:30 and 7:30. From 7:30 to 8:00, all students will be taught the dance for the audition. Students will then be placed in small groups to perform the dance for the audition. The audition will conclude at 8:30 each night.
1. Vocal: There are 2 song choices for girsl and 3 for boys. Please choose one song and memorize it. We have provided two audio tracks for each selection. One track has the singing and one track is the accompaniment. For the audition, you will sing alone the song of your choice. The accompaniment track will play for you during the audition.
2. Acting: There are 5 selections from the proposed musical. Please download all 5 of them and familiarize yourself with all of them. Although memorization is not mandatory, if you are able to memorize these lines, it will help. You will be acting the lines from these selections in groups of 5 students.
3. Dance: All students will be taught the dance at 8 PM each night. Students will then be placed in small groups to perform the dance for the audition. This will take place between 8:00 and 8:30.
Students may wear something professional looking (or part looking) for the singing and acting portions of the audition. For the dance portion, it is suggested to wear comfortable clothing with tennis shoes/dance shoes. Resumes and head shots are not necessary, but we will welcome anything that you would like to bring.
Students will sign up for a time slot and individually sing a vocal selection from the proposed show. Then in groups of five, students will read lines from the proposed show. The final hour of the audition will take place on the NASH stage. Students will be taught a dance in a large group. Then the group will be split and students will be evaluated on the dance.
You will receive an email a week after the auditions letting you know who will be included in the production. If your child has been chosen for a Call-back for a bigger role, you will be notified and given instructions. Call-backs will be held on August 29th during the evening. Students who are not chosen for a called-back role are still members of the cast and will perform with the company.
Please remember, there are three parts to the audition score – singing – dancing – acting. If you are worried about one of these three components, you have two other components to rely on for the overall score. Please do your best to enter the audition with confidence and SMILE! The directing team has children that range from 2 years of age all the way through children in their 20ies! We will do our best to calm any student who may be too nervous to audition.
- Be our Guest - Lumiere
- Be our Guest - Lumiere - audio with the voice
- Be our Guest - Lumiere- audio without the voice
- Gaston - Lefou and Gaston
- Gaston - Lefou and Gaston- audio with the voice
- Gaston - Lefou and Gaston- audio without the voice
- The Mob Song - Gaston
- The Mob Song - Gaston- audio with the voice
- The Mob Song - Gaston- audio without the voice
Audition Sign-Up Forms: